Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Blog 6 Post



My values lie in Critical Youth Development based on the Ideology Inventory. I believe that youth are able to contribute ideas and thoughts on key issues such as social justice. There are social issues in our society that affect many youths lives giving them a rich amount of experience that adults may lack. By giving youth an outlet in which they are able to voice their thoughts and opinions on social problems, allows us to find a more comprehensive solution that takes everyone into account.  

It is because of this that it’s important to lead with youth in order for them to create their own ideas and thoughts regarding these complex issues. Critical Youth Development aims to have youth create a positive impact for themselves and the communities they live in. Critical Youth Development engages youth in challenging their own beliefs and values through group interactions between youth and adults in a safe environment. Creating experiences like this gives youth the opportunity to get to know each other better and in turn get to understand themselves more. Through building communication skills youth get the chance to develop their own voice and gives them the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas to their community.   

2 comments:

  1. Gus,
    I really liked that you said "it is important to lead with youth in order for them to create their own ideas and thoughts". I couldn't agree more because even when I was younger coming up with ideas was something that I loved doing and still do because we are still kids at hearth. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see this as your ideology. I think that this is reflected in how you approach the world and also where your interest lies. I know that action in community sense is important to you and am glad that you are so good at empowering youth in the areas of social justice. That is definitely something I am not as strong with.

    ReplyDelete